At the EBPC privacy is very important to us.
Privacy is an ever important aspect in modern life, and at the EBPC we take this very seriously.
This notice is designed to protect you and applies to all data obtained from the following services: EBPC website, EBPC Shop, EBPC member subscriptions, and connected EBPC social network sites.
Please read the policy carefully and contact us with any questions or concerns about you might have.
Who we are?
The data controller is currently Alex Rudd, and he can be contacted at Alex@EuropeanBonsaiPotterCollective.com. Alex also acts as Data protection officer.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect is for shipping and membership purposes and includes details such as: names, addresses, contact details, purchase history, etc.
Data is collected when a user registers, subscribes, purchases, completes a contact form, signs up to a newsletter, or uses any EBPC services. We will treat all personal data confidentially.
- We do not collect data from 3rd parties, nor do we ever sell or give data to third parties for marketing or other purposes.
How do we use personal information?
The service- and business-related purposes for which we may process data includes:
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Your data is processed under the legal grounds contained within the GDPR related to:
How do we secure personal data?
The EBPC have certain technologies and procedures in place to protect personal information, in the certain ways:
- Protection of data against accidental loss
- Prevention of unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
- Conduction of privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and EBPC business policies
- Training of staff on data security
How long do we keep your personal data for?
As per the GDPR Regulations, the EBPC does not hold personal data for longer than is deemed necessary.
Data from shop purchases will be kept for 2 years unless further purchases are made.
Data from membership and subscriptions will be held for one year after activity ends.
Once data is no longer needed, it is securely disposed off as per regulations.
Your rights in relation to personal data
The EBPC respects your right to access and control of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like to do any of the following:
- access to personal information
- correction and deletion
- withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- restriction of processing and objection
- If the EBPC can not help in your request, or you are unhappy with how we handle your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
The only time we will not assist is when asked to delete data which we are required to keep by law.
How to contact us?
Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint.
You can contact us; online, by email (Alex@EuropeanBonsaiPotterCollective.com) or postal mail. (43, Montrouge Crescent, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 3PB U.K.)
Linking to other websites / third party content
The EBPC has links to various 3rd parties, including amongst others, the EBPC member potters. These links do constitute endorsement, howver the EBPC cannot take any responsibility for the content (or information contained within) any linked website.